Scafuri Bakery is currently seeking an experienced baker to join our enthusiastic team! We are a growing, family-owned Italian bakery specializing in breads, cookies, donuts, pastries, cakes and more! We make everything from scratch and we’re looking for someone with excellent communication skills and who works well with others. If you are a dedicated and hard worker, if you like to learn, and if you enjoy a creative environment, please apply! We promote from within, so there is room to grow!
To work efficiently and consistently while preparing donuts, breads, and other baked goods. To communicate with the rest of the bakery staff and ensure items are stocked and orders are ready on time. To minimize waste and optimize performance. To contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Follow proper baking procedures, with an understanding of correct mixing methods and baking principles.
- Proper use of all equipment, including mixers, oven, fryer, range, refrigerator, freezer, thermometers, racks and proofers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Keeping equipment and tools clean.
- Cleans dishes and workspace after performing a task.
- Work quickly and accurately.
- Follows proper sanitation standards and procedures.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Communicates and works well with others, acts maturely and professionally.
- Can work independently and follow recipes and procedures from start to finish.
- Understands the importance of great customer service and exemplifies this when interacting with customers.
- At least 1 year experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Has a Food Handler’s Certificate
- Be physically able to work an eight (8) hour day or more while on your feet.
- Be able to work early morning shifts; start time is based on business needs and may vary from 3am-5am.
- Safely lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Have ability to perform basic mathematics on the spot.
- Show sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.