Scafuri Bakery is currently seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking addition to our front-of-house/barista team! We are a small, family-owned Italian bakery specializing in Italian cookies, pastries & cakes as well as sandwiches, espresso and donuts. We’re looking for someone self-motivated with excellent communication skills and who works well with others. If you are a dedicated individual and like to take pride in your work, if you enjoy learning and growing, and if you thrive in a creative environment, please apply!
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Understands the importance of great customer service and exemplifies this when interacting with customers. Always provides exceptional service.
- Working efficiently and consistently
- Preparing beverages, sandwiches and other items efficiently and using proper sanitation and safety procedures.
- Communicating with all bakery staff to ensure items are prepped and stocked and orders are ready for pick up on time.
- Communicating with customers in person and via phone and email with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Minimizing waste and optimizing performance.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and appealing space for customers and employees, in accordance with operations and sanitation and safety rules.
- Follows all operational procedures, including task lists, tracking sheets, etc.
- Proper use of equipment such as meat slicer, mixer, espresso machine and dishwasher.
- Communicates and works well with others, acts maturely and professionally.
- Takes initiative to get work done; can work independently and as a team.
- Contribute to a positive work environment that makes for both happy employees and happy customers.
At least 1 year experience in foodservice or retail
Food Handler’s Certificate (required of all FOH staff within 30 days of hiring)
Sharp attention to detail
Excellent customer service skills
Professionalism and maturity
Must be able to work early mornings and weekends