Front of House Manager
Scafuri Bakery is currently seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking addition to our front-of-house/barista team! We are a small, family-owned Italian bakery specializing in Italian cookies, pastries & cakes as well as sandwiches, espresso and donuts. We’re looking for someone self-motivated with excellent communication skills and who works well with others. If you are a dedicated individual and like to take pride in your work, if you enjoy learning and growing, and if you thrive in a creative environment, please apply!
Seeking a dedicated individual looking for a career in an organization they care about. We value relationships and are looking for someone committed to their work who can help us take the business to new levels.
- Scheduling front of house staff
- Keeping inventory and ordering supplies for front of house.
- Leading others by example and communicating clearly and effectively.
- Managing other front of house staff; training new staff, providing corrections, constructive criticisms and furthering personal development of all employees.
- Monitoring procedures and making sure staff are following steps and procedures correctly. Evaluating procedures and adjusting as needed.
- Leading front of house staff meetings regarding housekeeping and other procedures.
- Monitoring online sales channels; Manager is responsible for making sure orders are processed correctly and on time.
- Monitoring incoming emails and addressing those that require immediate action.
- Communicating with kitchen staff to fulfill production needs.
- Working directly with owner regarding all operations and goal planning.
- Manager is also responsible for the following Front of House Duties along with all FOH staff.
Front of House Duties
- Always providing exceptional customer service
- Working efficiently and consistently
- Preparing beverages, sandwiches and other items efficiently and using proper sanitation and safety procedures.
- Communicating with bakery staff to ensure items are prepped and stocked and orders are ready for pick up on time.
- Communicating with customers via email, phone and in person with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Minimizing waste and optimizing performance.
- Maintaining a clean and safe space – for customers and employees, in accordance with operations and sanitation and safety rules.
2+ years experience in foodservice or retail
Food Manager Sanitation Certificate (Preferred) or Food Handler’s Certificate (required)
Familiarity with Google Docs
Proficient writing skills – ex: communicating professionally with customers via email
Sharp attention to detail
Excellent customer service skills
Professionalism and maturity